Friday, September 21, 2018

Tapa Cloth Art with T2

On Wednesday I started to draw my tapa cloth for our calendar art. I drew it with pencil, then on Thursday added Indian Ink to the outlines to give it that black colour. Today the ink dried and we will be adding a coffee stain to the cloth to give it that brown colour. I chose these designs because the flowers were simple, and I liked the look of them. I chose the black and white triangles because I thought they looked cool. I did the koru design because it looked cool on the paper we were given with designs on it, and the squares behind the koru came up with a google image search for tapa cloth.


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Caleb. Nicky from T2.
    Your calendar art looks amazing and a lot better than my calendar art.
    It looks very neat and a lot of time put into it.
    Great work Caleb keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caleb it's bailee here (Your sister) from Mamaku 1. I like your calendar art! It looks like you put a lot of time into it and really tried to get the really cool effect. My favourite one is the top one in the middle, it looks really cool.
    Maybe next time you could make the lines darker in the middle of them.

    Bye for now.
    Bailee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.