Friday, September 7, 2018

My Tie Dye T-Shirt

Yesterday I started to create my tie dye T-Shirt for our Art Soiree at school. We had to choose a size of shirt that will fit us and then they were ordered for us to tie dye them. I put on gloves, and then I crumpled up my t-shirt into a ball. I soaked the top, then added Pink 'Fuschia' dye onto my shirt. After that, I put the shirt into a plastic bag overnight so it would be ready for today. This morning, I rinsed the shirt and I had to wring all of the excess dye out of the shirt. Then I hung it up so it will dry and so it can be worn. We are going to be auctioning the shirts at the Art Soiree next Friday and I want to buy my shirt so I hope not too many people bid on it! The most common design in my class was spiral but I chose crumple because I thought it looked the best. Take a look at my tie dye shirt here. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caleb, It is Niah from M1.
    I like how you dyed your tie dye shirt. Is red your favourite colour? Maybe next time you could add more colours than just red.
    It is nice though.

    Good bye and see you next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Niah, Red is my favourite colour except there was no red and I wanted my shirt to be pink. We weren't allowed to have any more colours on our shirts.

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.